Top TenÖ best sellers of the first half of 2011
Hereís a list of our Top Ten Best Sellers for first half of 2011. Think we missed something? Have a comment, a concern, or an idea for a Top Ten article? Let us know at email@example.com.
1. Ford F-Series (313,183 units) seems to almost always be in first or second place. Since there arenít near as many pickup truck models as there are car and ute choices, I guess it makes sense for these to be big sellers, seeing as how many Americans drive pickups.
2. Chevrolet Silverado (215,906 units) is still selling well, although itís in need of upgrading, having been around for some time. But Chevy truck drivers drive Chevrolets, no matter what. That gets them to second this year, and often in the past years, has fought Ford for the top spot.
3. Toyota Camry (174,485 units) is the bestselling auto this year, and thatís not surprising. The model gets changed for the 2012 model year, which should mean even more sales.
4. Toyota Corolla (154,324 units) proves that loyalty is worth a lot. This car was a first car for many people, and thatís often enough to earn their loyalty. Despite being a company struggling with image and production issues, Toyota still has two cars in the top five.
5. Nissan Altima (153,182 units) is riding high and making Nissan proud. The company has been doing well, and this this year, theyíre grabbing market share, which is the number auto makers most want to see go up. With the breadth and good looks of the Altima lineup, thereís plenty to attract buyers.
6. Ford Fusion (151,004 units) is making the list with a car that meets the needs of many middle class sedan buyers. While thereís no hot-rod version of this car, there is a hybrid.
7. Chevrolet Cruze (147,620 units) is doing well, making Chevy officials happy that an American compact is selling up a storm.
8. Ford Escape (147,018 units) is a new-for-2011 model that got lots of marketing Ė even before the car was on sale here. The results are clear, as the car is selling well.
9. Honda Accord (143,936 units) is further down the list than Honda would like, but the days of fighting for number one will be difficult to bring back. This is a solid car and a strong performer in the huge mid-sized sedan segment
10. Chevrolet Malibu (142,312 units) must be making the company proud as punch, as a rather dated look and older platform product can be on the top ten list of sellers. A new model will be coming soon, and that should really push the car even higher on bestsellerís lists.
Got a sweet ride? You can enter it into the Woodward Dream Cruise Contest to become a part of the 2014 Calendar!
Check out videos from local cruise events!
Provided by The News Herald